The trick to spending more time outside is to have a few quick and delicious meals in the plans. That way there’s no excuse after school or work but to grab a bite and head out for an evening of snowshoeing.
This simple mac & cheese fits that category. As quick and simple to make as a box of KD but with more flavours and just a handful of simple ingredients. Plus the kids love it, always a bonus!
- 300 g macaroni or other similar pasta
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1.5 cup milk
- 1.25 cup grated orange cheddar
- 0.25 cup parmesan
- 3 tbsp pizza sauce
- As promised, this is a quick and easy recipe. First, cook the pasta.
- While the pasta is cooking, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the flour, mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes before adding ½ cup of milk. Mix the flour and milk well. It will have a thick consistency.
- Add the rest of the milk and bring to a boil while mixing. As soon as it starts to boil, reduce to low heat. Incorporate the pizza sauce and cheeses, mixing well until all the cheese is melted.
- By then the pasta should be cooked. Drain the pasta and combine with the cheese sauce.